- Admitted: 2011
- Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- Registered as patent attorney: 2020
◆ Practice Areas
Intellectual property/data strategy, patent rights, trademark rights, design rights, copyrights, know-how, etc.
- Entertainment; Sports
Broadcasting rights, merchandizing rights, sponsorships, etc.
- Litigation/Dispute Resolution
Including response to media, information dissemination measures, such as through the Web, meeting response measures, etc.
Including specialized litigation, such as IP litigation, system development litigation, medical litigation, and construction litigation, as well as specialized disputes, such as conflicts over leadership within an organization.
- General Corporate Legal Affairs
Contract negotiations, contract preparation, guidance of shareholders meetings, personnel and labor management, debt collection, crisis responses, etc.
Third party committees, panels of experts, etc.
- Criminal Defense
|2003||Graduated from NADA Senior High School|
|2007||Graduated from the University of Tokyo, Faculty of Technology|
|2009||Graduated from the University of Tokyo, Content Science Education Program|
|2010||Graduated from the University of Tokyo, School of Law|
|2010||Passed the National Bar Exam|
|2018||Graduated from the University of Southern California School of Law (LL.M.)|
|2018||Graduated from the University of California - Berkeley School of Law (LL.M.)|
|2011 to date||Hibiya Park Law Offices|
|2018 to 2019||Marshall Suzuki Law Group|
|2019||Mitsui & Co. Global Strategic Studies Institute (Intellectual Property Dept.)|
|2019||Starting a YouTube channel|
◆ Professional Affiliations
- Received the “3rd IP BASE AWARD Intellectual Property Expert Category Encouragement Award” (March 2022)
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry and Japan Patent Office, “Study on Contractual Guidelines by Technology Fields to Promote Open Innovation,” Committee Secretariat (2020 to date)
- Co-Director, Berkeley Global Society, Tech & IP Group (2018 to date)
- Vice President of the University of Tokyo Law School Alumni Association (2015-2017)
- Numerous legal advisory positions
- Member of JAPAN MENSA
- Member of Entertainment Lawyers Network
- Member of Intellectual Property Lawyers Network
- “Latest copyright introduction by SNS”. Seibundo-Shinkosha (2022)
- “Summary of contracts, acts, etc. that may violate the Antimonopoly Act indicated by “Guidelines for Business Collaboration with Startups” Business Homu (Vol.21/No.11 2021)
- Symposium re “Model Agreements between R&D Startups and Business Corporations to Promote Open Innovation ver. 1.0” (Part 1) for LES JAPAN NEWS (LES JAPAN NEWS Vol.62, No.2 June 2021)
- Symposium re “Model Agreements between R&D Startups and Business Corporations to Promote Open Innovation ver. 1.0” (Part 2) for LES JAPAN NEWS (LES JAPAN NEWS Vol.62, No.3 September 2021)
- “Practical commentary, What big companies should be aware of when competing with startups－ Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry ‘model agreements ver.1.0’ a summary account of perspective and important article” Business Homu（Vol.20/No.12 2020）
- “The ultimate way to prevent and deal with Web troubles,” Apollonia 21 (May 2020), Nihonshika-Shinbunsya.Inc.
- “Trade Secrets Public-Private Forum Mail Magazine “Vol. 54｜Case Studies of Trade Secrets being siphoned off” 2020
- “The Supreme Court’s ruling that retweeting infringed the right to determine the indication of the author’s name” 2020
- “What you need to know about copyright law to enjoy otaku culture to the fullest (2/2)” 2020
- “What you need to know about copyright law to enjoy otaku culture to the fullest (1/2)” 2020
- “Effective Use of U.S. Discovery — Application to Identify Perpetrators of Internet Defamation” (in Shojihomu Portal)
Published by Shojihomu (2019)
- “Computerization of Court Proceedings in Estonia” (in Shojihomu Portal)
Published by Shojihomu (2018)
- “Practice of Preparation for Shareholders’ Meeting for Year 2017 and Anticipated Questions and Planed Answers”
Published by Chuo-Keizaisha (2017) (Co-author)
- “Strategy to Utilize System of Company with Audit Etc. Committee”
Published by Shojihomu (2015) (Co-author)
- “Handbook for Directors and Officers” [2nd Ed.]
Published by Shojihomu (2015) (Co-author)
- “Introduction to Compliance for Corporate Workers”
Published by Daiichi-Hoki Shuppan (2004) (Sub-editor)
- “Points to note when startups collaborate with large and med-sized companies-Discussion on revision points of model contracts (new materials) hosted by JPO -” WEB distribution (JPO)
- “Contract point explanation seminar for open innovation of business companies and startups that do not fail” hosted by JPO Open Innovation Promotion Project Team
- “Labor Act”(YouTube, 2020)
- “Personal Information Protection Act” (YouTube, 2020)
- “Copyright Act” (YouTube, 2020)
- “Patent Act” (YouTube, 2020)
- “Trademark Act” (YouTube, 2020)
- “Design Act” (YouTube, 2020)
- “Plant Variety Protection and Seed Act” (YouTube, 2020)
- “US Discovery” (YouTube, 2019〜2020)
- “Seminar on Choosing your Career Path” 2014 (Alumni Association for the University of Tokyo Graduate School of Law)
- “Ask Your Seniors Who Already Work!” 2013 (Alumni Association for the University of Tokyo Graduate School of Law)
◆ Representative Engagements
- Counsel to a plaintiff in a patent infringement lawsuit concerning iPod.
- Counsel to a plaintiff in a patent infringement lawsuit concerning crypto point processing.
- Counsel to a defendant in a patent infringement lawsuit concerning a web browser.
- Counsel to a defendant in a patent infringement lawsuit concerning shape of a plastic container.
- Counsel to a publishing company in a dispute regarding copyrights between a manga artist and the publishing company.
- Counsel to a plaintiff in a trademark infringement lawsuit concerning packaging of a snack product.
- Counsel to a defendant in a design right infringement lawsuit concerning design of a home appliance product.
- Responded to libel on the internet (claim for disclosure of identification information of the sender, claim to delete contents, compensation claim for damages, etc.).
- Counsel to a user in a system development lawsuit.
- Counsel to a financial institution in a lawsuit claiming compensation for damages regarding currency derivatives.
- Counsel to a patient in a lawsuit regarding medical malpractice during the neurosurgical operation.
- Counsel to an orthopedic surgeon in a dispute with the hospital regarding payment of overtime.
- Counsel to an owner of a medical corporation regarding a dispute within the corporation.
- Counsel to a member of a traditional performing arts group regarding a dispute within the group.
- Counsel to an insurance agent in a dispute with an insurance agency over transfer of the insurance agent.
- Counsel to a FA in a dispute with its customer regarding remuneration.
- Counsel to a temple in a dispute with a developer regarding development of land for use as cemetery.
- Counsel to a hospital in a dispute with a construction company regarding construction defects in medical facilities.
- Counsel to a geothermal energy company in a dispute with another geothermal energy company regarding land.
- Counsel to a portion of victims in collective investment fraud, recovered invested funds.
- Acting as general secretary to the Third Party Committee on Labor Environment Improvement of Sukiya Restaurant Chain in relation to Zensho Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Acting as general secretary to a panel of experts regarding death by overwork occurring in a restaurant.
- Investigation of suspicions of embezzlement in the pursuit of social activity originating from an anonymous document.