- Admitted: 2010
- Daini Tokyo Bar Association
- 2017, New York Bar Association
◆ Practice Areas
- Litigation, Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- General Corporate, Cross-Border Transactions
- Merger & Acquisition, and Private Equity
- Inheritance, Business Succession
|2007||Graduated from the University of Tokyo, Faculty of Law|
|2009||Graduated from the University of Tokyo, School of Law|
|2009||Passed the National Bar Exam|
|2016||Graduated from the University of Michigan Law School, U.S.A. (LL.M.)|
|2016||Passed the New York Bar Exam|
|2010 to date||Hibiya Park Law Offices|
|2016 thru 2017||Counsel at Entrust Energy, Inc. (Houston)|
◆ Professional Affiliations
- Member of Entertainment Lawyers Network
- “Practice of Preparation for Shareholders’ Meeting for Year 2019 and Anticipated Questions and Planed Answers”
Published by Chuokeizai-sha (2019) (Co-author)
- “Judicial Precedents Commentary Series, No. 2 — Shareholders’ Derivative Action of Duskin Co. Ltd. (the Judgement of Osaka High Court on June 9, 2006) –” (in Gekkan Kansayaku (Monthly Statutory Auditor))
Published by Public Interest Incorporated Association Japan Audit & Supervisory Board Members Association (2018)
- “Due Diligence is Not an Indulgence” (in Shojihomu Portal)
Published by Shojihomu (2018)
- “The Organizational Change of DMM into Limited Liability Company (LLC) – A Strategy for Seeking Efficient Business Management ” (in Business Lawyers)
Published by Bengo4.com, Inc. (2018)
- “Introduction to Compliance for Corporate Workers”
Published by Daiichi-Hoki Shuppan (Sub-editor)
◆ Seminars and Lectures
- “ESG Investment Seminar: How to Evaluate Corporate Governance – based upon Principles for Preventing Corporate Scandals –” hosted by Citigroup Global Markets Japan Inc. for institutional investors.
- Guest speaker for public law seminar of Hitotsubashi University, Graduate School of Law
- Lecturer for compliance seminars in one of public companies in Japan
◆ Representative Engagements
Naoki represents clients in a variety of litigation and arbitration, including securities litigations, shareholder derivative litigations, M&A litigations, product liability litigations, and credit derivatives litigations.
Naoki regularly assists management and boards of directors on a wide range of matters, including disclosure requirements, Companies Act requirements, corporate governance, conflicts of interest, crisis management and shareholder proposals.
Naoki has substantial experience in internal investigations for public companies. His representations include:
- Accordia Golf co., Ltd.
- Zensho Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Suruga Bank Ltd.
- Naoki has assisted clients in a variety of mergers/acquisitions in retail energy, entertainment, construction and restaurant sectors.
Japanese and English