- Admitted: 2014
- Daini Tokyo Bar Association
◆ Practice Areas
- General Corporate, Corporate Law, and Cross-Border Transactions
- Merger & Acquisition, Corporate Restructuring & Joint Venture
- Litigation, Dispute Resolution & International Arbitration
- Antitrust Law
- Intellectual Property
|2004||High School, Whitfield School (St. Louis, MO. USA)|
|2009||B.A., Waseda University|
|2011||LL.M., The University of Pennsylvania Law School|
|2013||J.D., Waseda University Law School|
|2013||Passed the National Bar Exam|
|2014 to date||Hibiya Park Law Offices|
- “Judicial Precedents Commentary Series, No. 4 — Livedoor Class-action Lawsuit Filed by the General Investors (Judgment of First Instance) –” (in Gekkan Kansayaku (Monthly Statutory Auditor))
Published by Public Interest Incorporated Association Japan Audit & Supervisory Board Association (2018)
- “Points of the Major Revision of Taiwan’s Company Law” (in Shojihomu Portal)
Published by Shojihomu (2018)
◆ Representative Engagements
- Counsel to an overseas manufacturer in an international arbitration case between motorcycle manufacturers (arbitration in English).
- Counsel to a respondent in an international arbitration case between entertainment companies.
- Counsel to a foreign inventor in a commercial mediation case regarding IT-related patents.
- Counsel to a foreign investor in a dispute regarding acquisition price of stock.
- Supported lawsuits in multiple countries, including the U.S. and Hong Kong, to which a Japanese company is a party.
- Counsel to a director of a listed company in a lawsuit to enforce liability of the director.
- Counsel to an investor in a lawsuit to enforce liability of a director of a listed company.
- Counsel to a plaintiff in a lawsuit seeking an injunction and claiming compensation for damages pursuant to the Unfair Competition Prevention Act.
- Counsel to a defendant manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit.
- Counsel to a user in a system development lawsuit.
- Counsel to a defendant entertainment company in a lawsuit over movie production.
- Counsel to a company in a dispute accompanying dismissal of a director.
- Counsel to a patent holder in numerous patent infringement lawsuits/disputes.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Counsel to a Japanese listed company, practiced due diligence, and prepared and negotiated contracts in an acquisition of a U.S. brand by the Japanese listed company through share transfer.
- Counsel to a listed company, drafted and negotiated contracts in carrying out a capital increase through third-party allotment and capital and business tie-up.
- Counsel to a foreign company, prepared and negotiated contracts in establishing a joint venture between the foreign company and a Japanese listed company.
- Conducted due diligence investigation, prepared and negotiated contracts, and offered advice on response to the Antimonopoly Act in acquisitions of energy retailers, housing operators, and restaurants.
Crisis Management/Internal Investigation Commission for Handling Misconduct
- Administration for the Crisis Management Committee of SURUGA bank Ltd. regarding share-house loans.
- Internal investigation committees on harassment cases in listed companies.
Japanese and English
– spent 13 years abroad (U.S.A. and Hong Kong)